Kimberley F. Wallace is an Associate at Carter Conboy. She represents individuals and businesses in white collar and corporate governance matters and investigations, as well as members of law enforcement in matters involving discipline, critical incidents, criminal defense, and civil litigation defense of constitutional and civil rights issues.
Additionally, Kimberley represents hospitals and healthcare facilities, physicians, allied health professionals, nurses and pharmacists to defend them against claims of professional malpractice, as well as transportation companies, commercial carriers, and manufacturers in State and Federal Courts throughout New York, and before administrative agencies and in mediation and arbitration matters.
Before joining Carter Conboy, Kimberley was an Assistant Public Defender and Assistant District Attorney in Albany and Dutchess counties, where she managed misdemeanor and felony criminal cases from inception through trial.
Kimberley grew up in Kingston, Jamaica and moved to Albany as a teenager. She knew that she wanted a career in criminal justice and her mentor, Bobbi Gabrenya, Professor of Law & Society at Sage College of Albany, pointed her in the right direction. Kimberley truly enjoys being an attorney. She treats all of her clients with personal regard, providing zealous, dedicated, and principled representation.
In her spare time, Kimberley often returns to Sage College to speak with current students, sharing her life and educational experiences which lead to her legal career. Most recently, she spoke to students enrolled in Sage’s Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program, a program designed to provide broad and varied educational instruction to capable students who, due to limited academic and financial resources, would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend Sage College. She also is on the Board for 4th Family Inc., a not-for-profit organization empowering the community by targeting at-risk youth and adults and providing them with an array of unique personal development opportunities.
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Capital District Black and Hispanic Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Sage College of Albany Alumni Association Board of Directors (2018-19)
During Kimberley’s tenure as a Public Defender and Assistant District Attorney, she handled hundreds of cases, bringing seven cases to verdict.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law (2013)
- Oxford University (2012)
- B.S., Sage College of Albany, Law and Society (2010)
- New York State
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
Advocacy & Involvement
Community & Civic
- 4th Family Inc., Board of Directors
- Center for Law and Justice, Legal Rights Workshop (2017)
- Albany County Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee
- The Legal Project Domestic Violence Legal Connection, Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Distinguished Pro Bono Award, Florida State University College of Law (2013)
- Speaker: “From Investigations to Incarceration: How Science and Technology Impact the Different Stages of the Criminal Justice System,” Albany Law School, Albany, NY (2018)
- Speaker: “Criminal Procedure: Investigation,” Albany Law School, Albany, NY (2018)