Kasey K. Hildonen is an Associate at Carter Conboy. Kasey’s practice focuses primarily on civil litigation matters, including claims involving municipalities, educational institutions and law enforcement, tort defense, and appellate practice, as well as white collar and internal investigations. Kasey represents a broad range of clients, from individuals to large businesses, in a variety of industries, including education, insurance, government and retail in state and federal courts throughout New York.
Before joining Carter Conboy, Kasey was an attorney in private practice where she litigated personal injury, labor and employment, education, landlord/tenant, estate and municipal matters on behalf of individuals, school districts, municipalities and corporations. Kasey externed for the Honorable Thérèse Wiley Dancks, Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York (2013-14), during which she assisted with various criminal and civil litigation matters.
Kasey utilizes her broad experience in various areas of the law to zealously represent her clients’ interests.
Kasey is energetic, compassionate and creative. Her counsel balances meticulous research, critical analysis, open communication, industry experience and courtroom competence to advance her clients’ goals and objectives.
She brings value-added experience to her clients’ technology matters. In law school, she was the Lead Articles Editor of the Syracuse Journal of Science and Technology Law. She is skilled at identifying and analyzing intellectual property and technology issues that influence not only business decisions but also pose potential liabilities or threats to her clients’ interests.
Kasey holds a Certificate in Advanced Property Studies from Syracuse University College of Law and has a personal interest in green urban redevelopment. She has advised municipal clients on zoning, development, environmental and public utilities matters. Kasey is skilled at identifying and analyzing complex real property issues that impact her clients’ interests and developing creative solutions to achieve her clients’ goals.
In her free time, Kasey holds key positions in associations that support educational institutions and the legal community. She devotes her efforts to empowering young adults to engage in social action, create meaningful and positive impacts on their communities and embrace an overall global citizenry.
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Board of Directors (2017-Present)
- New York State Bar Association
- Northern District of New York, Federal Court Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
- Kasey served as second chair in a ten-day jury trial opposing the New York State Attorney General’s Office, resulting in $4.9 million unanimous verdict in a case involving tortious interference, employment retaliation and wrongful termination.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, Dean’s List (2015)
- Advanced Property Studies Certificate, Syracuse University College of Law (2015)
- B.A., Hamilton College, World Politics and Public Policy (2010)
- Marianapolis Preparatory School (2006)
- New York State (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2016)
Advocacy & Involvement
Community & Civic
- Hamilton College Alumni Association, Gold Chair (2017-Present)
- Up With the People International Alumni Association, Scholarship Committee (2016-Present)
- Emerson Literary Society of Hamilton College, Board of Trustees, (2011-Present)
- Speaker: “Zoning and Urban Gardens: Issues for Sustainability and Green Development”, Issues in Local Zoning Annual Workshop (2015)
- Lead Articles Editor, Syracuse Journal of Science and Technology Law (2014-15)