Kara A. Schifano is an Associate at Carter Conboy. She concentrates her practice in the area of tort defense, defending physicians and health professionals, hospitals and healthcare facilities, and pharmacists and pharmacies. Additionally, Kara litigates matters for individuals, local businesses, and national corporations primarily in the hospital and retail, manufacturing, and insurance industries, and well as provides counsel with respect to regulatory compliance issues.
Before joining Carter Conboy, Kara gained practical experience as a legal fellow in the New Jersey Bureau of Securities where she investigated and enforced security violations. Additionally, she was she was an attorney in private practice litigating personal injury and business and commercial disputes.
Born and raised on Long Island, Kara realized that she wanted to be an attorney in high school when she participated in Model Congress and immediately gained an enthusiasm for the law and legal debate. Kara’s zeal for the law carries through to her clients in a patient, understanding, and responsive manner. She is an active listener, taking the time to hear her client’s concerns and objectives and integrate them into a thorough and effective legal strategy.
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Brooklyn Law School, Legal Association for Women, Co-Chair (2012-15)
- Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, and Commercial Law, Associate Managing Editor (2014-15)
- Brooklyn Law School, Richardson Scholarship (2012-15); Dean’s Merit Scholarship (2012-15); Academic Achievement Scholarship (2012-15); Centennial Grant (2012-15)
- Brooklyn Law School, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society (2012-15)
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School (2015)
- B.A., Wake Forest University, Political Science and Government (2012)
- New York State (2016)
- New Jersey (2015)