Eric M. O’Bryan is an Associate at Carter Conboy. He concentrates his practice in the areas of litigation and tort defense, handling matters on behalf of individuals, local businesses, and national corporations primarily in the hospitality and retail, law enforcement, government, professional services, and health care industries.
Before joining Carter Conboy, Eric gained practical experience as a Judicial Intern to the Hon. Mae A. D’Agostino in the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, and was a legal intern to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York and the Albany County District Attorney’s Office. Additionally, while pursuing his master’s degree, Eric worked for four years as a Behavior Health Management Specialist.
Born in Troy and raised in the Capital District, Eric realized that he wanted to be an attorney while working on his master’s degree in Counseling and Community Psychology. Eric’s foundation in counseling, combined with his enthusiasm for the law, give rise to robust advocacy skills that his clients highly regard.
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Northern District of New York, Federal Court Bar Association
- The Hon. Frederick J. Scullin, Jr. Scholarship, Northern District of New York, Federal Court Bar Association (2016)
- Albany Law Review, Executive Editor for New York Appeals
- Sponsler Honors Teaching Fellow
- Domenick L. Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Competition (quarterfinalist); Senior Prize Trials (semifinalist)
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, summa cum laude (2018)
- M.A., Sage Colleges, Counseling and Community Psychology with a Certificate in Forensic Mental Health (2015)
- B.S., University of New Haven, Forensic Science (2008)
- New York State
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York