Brienna L. Christiano is an Associate at Carter Conboy. She represents individuals, businesses, community organizations, and municipal entities in matters related to civil litigation, labor and employment law, municipal law, and trucking and transportation law, in federal, state and appellate courts throughout the State of New York. Further, Brienna provides counsel to her clients on regulatory and compliance matters, and resolves matters through alternative dispute resolution.
Before joining Carter Conboy as an attorney, Brienna gained practical legal experience as a law clerk at the Firm, as was a legal intern to both the Hon. Rachel L. Kretser at the Albany City Court and the Hon. Christine Clark at the Schenectady County Supreme Court.
Brienna is a cum laude graduate of Albany Law School of Union University where she was Managing Editor of the Albany Government Law Review and winner of the Dominick L. Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition. Prior to law school, she graduated summa cum laude from the University at Albany, State University of New York with dual degrees in English and Political Science.
Brienna approaches her clients’ legal issues with discipline, drive, and creativity. She uses her critical intellect, meticulous research, advanced writing and oratory skills, and tailored communication abilities to advocate for her clients, effectively resolve their legal issues, and advance their overall personal and business goals and objectives.
- Federal Court Bar Association, Northern District of New York, Co-Chair of the First Decade Committee
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Albany Law School, Dominick L. Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition, Winner (2013)
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, cum laude (2015)
- B.A., University at Albany, State University of New York, English; dual degree B.S. Political Science, summa cum laude (2012)
- State of New York (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit (2016)
Advocacy & Involvement
- The Legal Project Domestic Violence Legal Connection, pro bono legal service
- Speaker: “Labor & Employment Law: A Select Overview of Key Topics“, Carter Conboy Continuing Legal Education (2017)
- Co-Presenter: “Issues of State and Federal Employment Litigation“, Carter Conboy Continuing Legal Education (2017)
- Co-Author: “Re-visiting the Discovery and Admissibility of Preventability Determinations and Post-Accident Investigations,” Trucking Industry Defense Association newsletter (Winter 2016)