Adam H. Cooper is a trial attorney handing complex litigation with an emphasis on product liability, professional liability, food and beverage, trucking and transportation, and business and commercial law. Adam maintains an active trial practice in State and Federal courts throughout New York.
Adam is regularly retained to represent commercial retailers, industrial manufacturers and distributors, and food and beverage producers and processors to advise them in government compliance matters and to defend them against product liability claims.
In professional liability matters, he is engaged by hospitals and healthcare facilities, physicians, allied health professionals, nurses and pharmacists to defend them against claims of professional malpractice. He also is called upon by his professional clients to defend them before administrative licensing boards in the context of investigations and disciplinary hearings, including the Office of Professional Misconduct and Office of the Professions.
In addition to his litigation practice, Adam advises professionals and businesses on risk mitigation and strategic planning for regularly compliance, recall planning, performance improvement, litigation prevention and malpractice avoidance. He regularly lectures on these topics throughout New York State.
As a young hockey player, Adam developed winning perspective, to play every game and skate in every practice as if an NHL scout were watching. Adam has carried over his play to win mindset to his practice of law. Adam approaches his work from the next level, making sure he is at the top of his game when representing his clients, from the minor details to the most significant proceedings.
Adam delivers results to his clients by combining his legal skills and intellect with hard work, strong character, and respect of others and the law. He surrounds himself with a motivated team of professionals focused on providing value and outstanding results to his clients, now and in the future.
- ALFA International
- ALFA International Product Liability and Complex Torts Practice Group, Steering Committee, Marketing Subcommittee
- Federation of Bar Associations for the Fourth Judicial District, Past President
- Defense Research Institute of Northeastern, New York, Past President
- Federal Court Bar Association, Northern District of New York
- Defense Research Institute of Northeastern, New York (DRI)
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, “AV”® Preeminent Attorney
- Best Lawyers in America®, “Best Lawyer” (2019–present)
- Super Lawyers®, “Super Lawyer”(2013-present)
DeLorenzo v. St. Clare’s Hospital, 69 AD3d 1177 (3rd Dept 2010); Rose v. Heaton, 39 AD3d 937 (3rd Dept 2007); Elmy v. Serge, 25 AD3d 1038 (3rd Dept 2006); Milanese v. Kellerman, 41 AD3d 1058 (3rd Dept 2007); Sharkey v. Chow, 84 AD2d 1719 (4th Dept 2011)
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University (2004)
- B.A. History, St. Lawrence University (2001)
- Hotchkiss School (1997)
- New York State
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
Advocacy & Involvement
Community & Civic
- Homeless and Travelers Aid Society (HATAS), Board of Directors (2017-present); Legal Committee; Development Committee
- Leadership Tech Valley Class of 2011; Steering Committee Co-Chair Emeritus (2014-16)
- Tech Valley Young Professional Network f/k/a GenNEXT, Past Chair
- St. Margaret’s Center, Pediatric & Young Adult Skilled Nursing Facility, Ethics Review Committee
- Homeless and Travelers Aid Society (HATAS)
- St. Margaret’s Center, Pediatric & Young Adult Skilled Nursing Facility
- Speaker: “Understanding an Unexpected Threat: Recall Compliance and Defending Your Product“, ALFA International Product Liability & Complex Torts Practice Group Seminar, Santa Barbara, CA (2017)
- Speaker: “Trying a Case to the Millennial Juror: Can it be Done with 140 Characters or Less“, ALFA International Client Seminar, Avenura, FL (2017)
- Speaker: “Trends in State Medical Malpractice Laws“, CHART RRG Anatomy of Patient Safety Conference, Hershey, PA (2016)
- Speaker: “Genetically Modified Litigation: Innovative Liability Theories Being Tested Against the Food, Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods Industries“, ALFA International Product Liability & Complex Tort Practice Group seminar, Amelia Island, FL (2016)
- Program Chair: “Medical Malpractice Litigation 2016”, New York State Bar Association, Albany, NY (2016)
- Speaker: “Preparation of the Defendant for Deposition”, New York State Bar Association, Albany, NY (2016)
- Speaker: “Risk Management Foundation and Rounds”, MRM Group and Bassett Healthcare Group, Cooperstown, NY (2014–present)
- Speaker: “Current Concepts in Men’s Health: Legal Challenges for the Physician – From Social Media to Off Label Drug Use and Surgical Innovations”, Urological Institute of Northeastern New York, Current Concepts in Men’s Health Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY (2015)
- Speaker: “Medical Malpractice Litigation: Preparation of the Defendant for Deposition“, New York State Bar Association, Albany, NY (2014)
- Speaker: “Social Media and Cyber Threats to Product Manufacturers: Strategies for Protecting the Brand“, ALFA International Product Liability Practice Group seminar, Colorado Springs, CO (2014)
- Speaker: “Press the Button to the Top: Approaching Those Ethical Jams with Fewer Stops“, ALFA International EPLI & Professional Liability Seminar, New York, NY (2014)
- Speaker: “Depositions Tactics: Preparing For, Conducting & Defending Depositions” Washington County Bar Association (2012)
- Speaker: “Medical Malpractice: Discovery (By Defendant of Plaintiff)“, New York State Bar Association, Albany, NY (2012)
- Speaker: “Deposition Tactics: Preparing For, Conducting and Defending Depositions“, Federation of Bar Associations for the Fourth Judicial District, Fall and Winter Continuing Legal Education Programs, Saratoga Springs, NY (2012); Lake Placid, NY (2011)
- Speaker: “Litigation Tactics: How to Deal with the ‘Rambo’ Litigator” National Business Institute, Albany, NY (2011)