Legal Services for Your Association Needs
At Carter Conboy, we recognize the positive impact that associations have in our society. Whether your association is private or public, professional or trade, profit or not-for-profit, we understand that you act on behalf of your members and advocate in the best interest of your industry or sector.
The legal issues facing associations and governing members are as unique as associations themselves. We make it our business to know your business – from the intricacies of your strategy, finances and oversight, to the challenges of member engagement, recruitment and retention.
We deliver an interdisciplinary approach, coordinating the most experienced and capable team of attorneys to address each of your distinct needs. With our deep bench, experience across sectors of industry, and our comprehensive services, association clients trust us to personalize our legal services to align with your goals and advance your objectives.
Accomplished Association Law Attorneys
At Carter Conboy, we are acutely aware of the rules, regulations, and issues facing associations and we tailor our services to support your specific legal needs. Carter Conboy is one of the most respected law firms in upstate New York. Our attorneys provide the experience and knowledge necessary to efficiently traverse a host of legal issues on behalf of our association clients – from litigation in local, state, and federal courts, to regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings, to educational engagement programs.
Our Association Clients
We are privileged to be trusted counsel to a wide variety of state and national associations, from self-advocacy to health facilities and medical professionals, to trucking and transportation, to food banks.
Our services vary by client and are always high-value and cost-efficient. We are preferred counsel to associations and members, providing counsel on day-to-day legal issues related to a member’s business.
Homeowners and Condominium Associations
Carter Conboy provides experienced counsel to homeowner and condominium associations in upstate New York. We are general counsel to many of these associations. We also offer representation on stand-alone issues such as zoning applications, municipal taxation, easements, adverse possession, subsurface rights, contract disputes, enforcement proceedings, collections, regulatory matters, and other miscellaneous matters unique to homeowner and condominium associations.
Comprehensive Services to Associations
Our association clients rely on Carter Conboy to provide a comprehensive array of legal services in a cross-sector of industries, including:
- Compliance and Governance
- Contract Negotiation
- Copyright Issues
- Counseling and Planning
- Critical Incident Response Team
- Development, Planning, and Zoning of Real Property
- Education and Training
- General Counsel
- General Litigation
- Human Resources and Workplaces Issues
- Insurance Disputes, Negotiations, and Settlements
- Labor and Employment
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Music Licensing
- OSHA Issues
- Preferred Counsel
- Public Relations
- Regulatory Compliance
- Representation at Board and Governing Meetings
- Succession Planning and Business Management
- Transactional Representation, including liens, collections, foreclosures, and bankruptcy
Education and Training to Associations
Local, state and national associations look to Carter Conboy to deliver quality educational programming. We offer our clients tailored one-day programs, multi-day seminars, webinars, compendia, and newsletters on topics that are relevant to the industries and trades of their members. Recent examples include:
- An annual presentation to a local planning and zoning association providing legal updates pertinent to the association’s members.
- A one-day program presented to a national management association on topics including employee relations, ethics, confidentiality, and attorney-client privilege.
- Quarterly and annual presentations to a regional attorneys bar association on pressing legal topics and procedural updates.
- Monthly webinars to a statewide association of funeral directors on topics including powers of attorney, business succession, estate planning, labor law and employment updates, and copyright issues.
- A one-day program presented to a state sheriff’s association on attorney-sheriff relations in the collection of civil debt.
- Whitepaper for a state trucking association on topics including compliance reform, employment background checks, workplace harassment, termination of employees, and costly class action lawsuits.
Beyond Association Law
At Carter Conboy, we are able to support you beyond your association matters. Our team of experienced and dedicated attorneys, combined with our diversified practice spanning 20 industries and 40 service areas, have you covered. From preparing your will, to defending you in litigation, to protecting your business interests, the strength of our team is the answer to your many legal needs.