At Carter Conboy, we feel privileged to work and live in the Capital Region – the heart of New York’s Tech Valley – a region with a strong reputation for key and innovative industries, talented people and professionals, and thriving arts and entertainment culture.
As community leaders, it is our social responsibility to contribute our time, energy, and resources to support our communities and stand in service to those in need. As corporate citizens, we are equally accountable for the development of future leaders that are community conscious – engaged and equipped to serve, inspire, and strengthen our community as a whole.
Our attorneys and staff devote their time, talent, and resources to numerous civic and charitable endeavors throughout our community by serving on committees and holding board positions in a diverse set of organizations.
As a Firm, we collectively participate in many events that support our local community. Here is a sample of just a few.
Nearly two decades ago, Carter Conboy established an annual holiday drive to benefit children and families in need at the holidays. Our entire firm participates by purchasing clothes, toys, and essential items. We gather as a team and wrap our gifts beautifully for delivery from “The Elves.” Our goal is to make the holiday season a little brighter for a few.
At Thanksgiving, we take the time to be grateful for our personal and professional happiness and success. At the same time, we take the opportunity to help others that may not be as fortunate. As a firm, we come together to provide traditional Thanksgiving dinners – from turkey to baked pies to after-dinner board games – to local families in need.
Associate Team Building
On an annual basis, our associate attorneys are asked to develop a team-building project, a request that has continuously resulted in a volunteer, community-based project.
Community Organizations We Proudly Support
- Adoptive Families of the Capital Region (AFCR)
- Albany County Bar Foundation, Law Day Against Domestic Violence
- Albany Pro Musica
- American Cancer Society
- Anderson Center for Autism
- BESTPASS and TANY Touch-A-Truck benefiting veterans, service members and their families
- Boy Scouts of America
- CAP COM Cares Foundation
- Capital District YMCA
- Canton Potsdam Hospital Foundation
- Friends of Bassett Healthcare Network
- Homeless and Travelers Aid Society (HATAS)
- Jack’s Place / Jack Falvo, III Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Leadership Saratoga
- Leadership Tech Valley
- Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York, Inc.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Living Resources Foundation
- Lewis Golub Memorial / Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Northeast Parent & Child Society / Northern Rivers
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region
- Schenectady ARC
- Schenectady City Rescue Mission
- South Colonie Youth Baseball
- Margaret’s Center, Pediatric & Young Skilled Nursing Facility
- Peter’s Hospital Foundation
- Trinity Alliance of the Capital Region