Carter Conboy’s Construction Practice Group are experienced leaders in the industry. In addition to our long and successful history of taking complex Labor Law cases to trial, Carter Conboy counsel have an in-depth understanding of the construction industry, its governing laws and statutes, and the realities and risks that burden owners, developers and contractors.
Our construction lawyers represent the needs of local and national owners and developers, prime contractors and subcontractors, construction firms, owners, managers, builders, architects, engineers, equipment suppliers, sureties, and other design professionals, in both the public and private sectors. We work closely with our clients to know the nuances of their particular business so we are able to contain their risk and provide high-value, cost-efficient legal services that plans for and protects their needs. Members of our group are active participants in numerous construction industry trade groups and associations, allowing us to stay abreast of current legal trends specific to the construction industry.
Carter Conboy’s Construction Practice Group offers a full-range of legal services to our clients in all aspects of construction from contract procurement, to risk management and prevention, to defense litigation.
- Defense litigation of construction disputes and claims including but not limited to simple to complex Labor Law §200, §240 and §241 claims, and claims involving construction defects, design defects, and structural failures.
- Risk management and prevention, including but not limited to business risk analysis, contract negotiations and drafting, insurance and bond issues, and providing educational seminars on industry and employment topics.
- Procurement, including but not limited to bid protests, governmental regulation compliance, and minority and women owned business participation.
- Arbitration and mediation.
- Representation before dispute review boards, appeals boards, regulatory compliance investigations and proceedings including OSHA, and administrative agency proceedings.
- Insurance coverage analysis and pursuit of insurance coverage for defense and indemnification of clients.
- Contract drafting, review and analysis.
- Interrelated matters and claims, such as those related to labor and employment, professional liability, product liability, environmental issues, land use and zoning, manufacturing disputes.