CURRENT OPENING: Nurse or Litigation Paralegal
Carter Conboy seeks a Nurse Paralegal or Litigation Paralegal to join our Albany office. Candidates should have 2-5 years law firm experience and must hold a paralegal certificate or degree. Candidates should have the following:
- Request of medical records, including knowledge of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Analysis and reporting of medical records.
- Client contact, including scheduling of meetings and depositions.
- Expert contact, including retention and scheduling.
- Calendaring meetings, deadlines and reminders.
- Document preparation, including but not limited to discovery.
- Motion practice, including familiarity with State and Federal court systems.
- Trial preparation, including subpoenas, trial binders, coordination of clients and experts.
- Understanding and abidance of client guidelines.
- Timekeeper and billing practices.
- 3 years minimum experience as a Paralegal.
- Experience working with medical malpractice is preferred.
- Medical/RN/Nursing experience is preferred.
- Must be highly organized.
- Work well under pressure and be a multi-tasker.
- Understand the importance of deadlines.
- Be client-oriented.
- Be highly trustworthy and ethical.
- Be both a team player and able to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with document management and billing systems.
- Travel is sometimes necessary; a valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in law/paralegal studies; or
- Paralegal Certificate and law firm experience.
Salary and Benefits:
- Carter Conboy provides a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package includes: medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plan; paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time; life and long-term disability insurance; summer hours.
- A work environment that has made Carter Conboy a “Top Workplace” for five consecutive years.
- Hours are 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Carter Conboy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel you are a good fit for this position, please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirement, and references, in PDF, to Firm Administrator, Stacy A. Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE CARTER CONBOY APPROACH
Carter Conboy uses a team approach that begins with hiring and retaining the most qualified candidates to create a working group of attorneys, paralegals, and legal secretaries to ensure availability and case familiarity for its clients which culminates in successful results that are fair and equitable.
If you believe that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work toward, and achieve, these successful results, we encourage you to read about the firm and contact Stacy A. Smith, Firm Administrator, with any inquiries or to discuss how you could become a productive part of our team. Email: email@example.com.
Established in 1920, Carter Conboy is proud to be one of the Capital Region’s oldest and most respected law firms. The firm has been recognized as a “Best Law Firm” by many organizations, including Martindale-Hubbell, Best Lawyers, and Fortune Magazine. Carter Conboy provides a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plan; paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time; life and long-term disability insurance; and a work environment that has resulted in the firm being recognized by winning numerous “Best Places” and “Top Workplace” awards.
Carter Conboy is an equal opportunity employer. All employees of the firm are selected on the basis of their merit. In accordance with applicable law, the firm does not and will not discriminate against any job applicant or employee in any decision regarding employment, including recruitment, hiring, termination of employment, employee selection, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, veteran status, gender expression and/or identity, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Clear employment history and three personal references are required. A background check will be completed on all final candidates. Candidates should send resume, cover letter with salary requirement, and references in PDF format via email to the Firm Administrator, Stacy A. Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be kept strictly confidential.